Petite Stitchery &c Co - Girls Rory-
I love sewing for my daughter for many reasons one being that she is much easier for me to photograph than myself. Sewing for young kids just seems so gratifying. And uses less fabric from my beautiful stash!
This new pattern really brings to life my favorite look for my daughter.
PS&C has so many adorable patterns I cant wait to try for both my daughter and myself. I had never tested for them before and it was such a joy to do so. When I applied to test this pattern I didn't realize it was a turtle neck. After I realized it was I kind of panicked thinking my daughter would hate it and I would end up with horrible screaming toddler photos for my finals. Not cute! However turns out she loved it, and so did I.
The Girls Rory Highlights
- fitted bodice
- gathered circle skirt
- 3 shirt lengths
- 2 sleeve lengths
- turtle neck
- pattern has layers feature
-easy to print and put together.
- simple instructions
- took me an hour start to finish
This pattern is the girls version of their Woman's Rory. So its perfect for mommy and me outfits.
At the end of the testing period I volunteered to make a mommy and me set and boy am I glad I did!
I made 3 versions of The Rory.
1. Girls peplum, half sleeve in our Seafoam emi french terry. It came out amazing I really love how this fabric worked with this pattern and emi has always been one of my favorites. ( other colorways available here)
2. girls peplum, half sleeve using a dbp print we had in the shop way back when, and a lightweight rayon lycra we ran last year.
3. woman's version of number 2
Both of the patterns are easy to make and look great on. I see several more in our wardrobes this year.
Want one more great piece of information? Both patterns are on sale now through Monday! So grab them before then!
Now some more photos of an adorable toddler who thinks the horses are more interesting than mom with a camera.