Getting Ready for Spring Ellie and Mac -Blog tour
Ellie & Mac Getting Reay for Spring Blog Tour Hosted by Seams Sew Lo
Spring is right around the corner despite the impending snow storm that is suppose to hit us this weekend. At our house spring means horse hair and lots of cute dresses for Katalynn and I.
Ellie & Mac have a ton of options to choose from for cute dresses. While scrolling their website trying to choose a pattern for this blog ,I found more than a few patterns I hope to add to my collection in the coming months.
So what pattern did I choose for this blog tour?
After much internal debate The Quinn Dress was the winner. Being so different from any other pattern I own really gave it the leg up. And I have been wanting to try a pattern with flutter ruffle sleeves so I just couldn't pass it up.
This dress is so much fun having a gathered double skirt, fitted bodice and double flutter sleeve details( I did a single flutter). I just knew my daughter would love it.
I have been brainstorming on the perfect fourth of July dress for my little girl this year and have been determined to get it made early so I didn't get busy and run out of time like last year. The Quinn Dress and this blog tour presented the perfect opportunity and I had the perfect fabric eyeing me from its shelf. This fabric has been sitting cozy in my stash for a while just waiting for the right pattern. I love that Brandi hand dyed this for me. Grab some Firearms and freedom in the shop. I also used some of our black solid cotton lycra.
To be honest I was a bit intimidated by this dress for no real reason, I guess I just always doubt myself when trying new things. this pattern is simple and easy to follow the instructions are well written and it is Amazing.
Being my first experience with Ellie & Mac patterns I didn't have any real expectations, I try to be open minded when trying new patterns. I was really impressed with the way this pattern was set up and will for sure be adding more of their patterns to my collection.
Be sure to follow the blog tour and see all the wonderful things everyone is making from Ellie & Mac. Huge thanks to Seams Sew Lo for Hosting this blog tour and all the hard work Lo has put into it!
Kat braved the cold for just a few minutes to get a couple photos. I think she is happy with the way the dress came out and I sure am!
Please visit all the stops on the Get Ready for Spring Blog Tour featuring Ellie and Mac spring sewing patterns (35% of right now), hosted by Seams Sew Lo. Do not forget to enter the giveaway below too!
- February 3rd: Seams Sew Lo (Intro)
- February 4th: Seams Sew Lo
- February 5th: Violets and Jewels
- February 6th: Threadistry
- February 7th: Mama Can Make it
- February 8th: My Crazy Crafty Beautiful Life
- February 9th: Aurora Designs
- February 10th: Flaxfield Sewing
- February 11th: Floral and Flannel
- February 12th: FABulous Home Sewn
- February 13th: Minns Things
- February 14th: Our Play Place
- February 15th: Tenille's Thread
- February 16th: Seams Like Style
- February 17th: Hutsepruts
- February 18th: Candi Couture Designs
- February 19th: My Sewing Roots
- February 20th: Manning the Machine
- February 21st: Stitched by Jennie
- February 22nd: Kathy's Kwilts and More
- February 23rd: Sewjourns
- February 24th: Mermaid Mama Designs
- February 25th: Fee Bricolo
- February 26th: Oak Blue Designs
- February 27th: Big Fly Notions
- February 28th: Sewing Blue